photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

September 7, 2016

The Blogtember Challenge: Day 7- Joy

Happy Wednesday Friends! I have finally caught up in my posts today to make it to this fun one! In this season of my life I have definitely found the true things that bring me joy, may they be the simplest of things, they still have brought me joy and continue to bring me joy in life. I am blessed beyond belief with the things that the Lord has given me.

Wednesday, September 7th- Five things that bring you joy.

1. My husband.
He uplifts my spirit and supports me. Even eight years later I still get giddy when he comes home from work. He's seriously my best friend and I have all of my favorite memories with him. I'm so blessed and grateful to have him as my husband! I cannot wait to see where the Lord takes us in our life together. Love you, Reese!

2. Bible Studies.
Ever since my sophomore year of college I've always been in a bible study. It is always so uplifting and a blessing to be surrounded by people who just want to know the Lord more and dig deeper into His word. Currently, I am in a bible study with some of my closest friends from college and we are going through Be Still: Ephesians 4:17-32. I am also leading a group of girls that go to the community that I was involved in while in college.

3. Sunsets.
Kentucky has some beautiful sunsets! I always love capturing them and wish that I could just print them out and put them all over my house. I think that the biggest reason I love sunsets is because it gives me such a sense of the Lord being present in our lives and reminding us of how he has blessed us! The two pictures I posted are from our old place that we just moved from.. I definitely will miss seeing the beautiful sunsets on the lake!


4. Fall. 
Fall is such a refreshing time for me. Typically in the past I would have started school, but since I'm not in school anymore it is just a nice change in everyday life. I feels so relaxing, with the weather changing and the leaves falling. You get to start making comfort food for dinner (ready for my crockpot soups- have any great recipes I should try?!), you get to light those fall candles, and enjoy the Halloween and Thanksgiving. I mean, why wouldn't you love fall?!

5. Tucker.
I've always wanted a puppy of my own. Once I began college, it was hard for me not to go out and get one since I wasn't living at home anymore and could have one in the apartment I lived in. Reese always made me realize how difficult it would be to have a pet while in college, working, and having a social life that you have in college. So finally six years later, I have my sweet Tucker pup. I know I've mentioned a lot of him lately, but there is just something about having a dog to come home to or to always keep you company that is just so sweet! He is such a great dog and I cannot wait to have him for years to come and for him to always be in the memories that Reese and I make together!



What are the things that bring you joy?? 

6 comments:

  1. I love everything about your list!!! And your puppy is the cutest! I'm trying to convince my husband I need one ha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! Thanks for commenting. And I'm on your side for you needing a puppy :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh sunsets are so beautiful. I didn't think of that one! I am super joyful because of my husband. We are coming up on our one year next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?! I just LOVE them!!! That's so exciting! Happy Anniversary :)

      Delete
  3. I love your list and wholeheartedly agree about how much joy dogs bring! :)

    ReplyDelete