photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

September 7, 2014

The Blog-Tember Challenge: What am I Reading?

To be honest I haven't been reading much lately. I go through spurts of reading and not reading. I want to be the person who is constantly reading; maybe one day I will be.


Todays prompt: Whats on my current reading list? Or what have you read that you recommend?

I have a few different categories of books that I have either read or am currently reading, and would definitely recommend! 

For Christian Reference books
30 Days to Understanding the Bible by Max Anders
A Modern Girls Guide to Bible Study by Jen Hatmaker

I am currently reading through 30 Days to Understanding the Bible and find it so helpful and interesting! I definitely think that if I had picked this book up any earlier than now I would not be getting out of it as much or even finding it interesting. I wrote a post recently over one of the chapters I had read, here. I would definitely recommend this book if you are wanting to truly sit down and learn about the different eras, etc. in the bible.
Back in February/March I read A Modern Girls Guide to Bible Study. Brittany over at Happy Is A Choice started this study up and I decided to join in! I loved this book and truly was inspired to study. And I love the way that Jen Hatmaker writes. Definitely a book I would recommend! 

For Christian Non-Fiction
Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis
I also am currently reading this book but am almost done. This is another book that I have been working on for roughly 2 years. I picked it back up for a good read during my trip to Colorado recently and really got back into it. Katie truly inspires me and when I read this book I think about Haiti. I think about becoming a missionary and loving sweet babies in Haiti or another country. I think about adopting sweet babies/kids and giving them a loving home. I think about so much in regards to this book and pray that Jesus can use me in some way like He has used Katie.

Books on my reading list:
-Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
-Lets All Be Brave by Annie F. Downs
-Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist
-A Million Little Ways by Emily Freeman
-You Are Loved by Sally Clarkson
-A Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith
-Make It Happen by Lara Casey
-Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
-The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst
-One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

I believe that is a good list for awhile... lol, and those books are not even on my bookshelf. I have plenty on my shelf that I need to read. Why, oh why can't I love reading like other people and sit down with a book and truly enjoy it and fly through it because I love it so?! 

What recommendations do you all have?

Brave Love Blog

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in that Modern Girl's Guide... book. I'll have to look that one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look into it! I thought it was great, and an easy read. :)

      Delete