photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

September 14, 2014

The Blog-Tember Challenge: Current Relationship Status

Yesterdays (the 13th) prompt: What is your current relationship status? If dating/married give us a glimpse of your story. If single, share about this special season.

I am currently in a relationship, and have been for 6 years. Reese was truly a gift from God. He has become my best friend and has made me who I am today. 
Our story: 
The summer before my sophomore year of high school I was texting someone back and forth. My reply never went to the person, and instead went to Reese in a different city and area code. I did not know that this had happened and so when Reese asked who I was I was confused as to who this random person was texting me, and in return asked who he was. From there we started talking and from then on we were in love and (kind of) inseparable. We dated long distance for two years, which was definitely the hardest two years of my life. Then he came to UK for college which us in the same city as me. His first year of college was an adjustment for both of us and was definitely hard. He was getting used to college, a new city and school, while I was still in high school. We were at two different stages in our life. But we managed to continue on, and here we are 6 years later and about to graduate from college!

I'd have to say that the past two years has been our strongest and where we have grown the most. I have even come to be more independent rather dependent on him, which really is a blessing. And we have also grown closer to God, which in return means closer together.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, 
and He will make straight your paths."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

Throughout the past year I have learned to rely on God who truly can give me all that I need. Where I go to school, someone is always getting engaged and it is also just the season for engagements and weddings. These people, some of them, haven't had to date someone for 6 years. And so I get confused as to why they get to start their lives together and I am still over here waiting for my chance. But I have come to realize and learn, even though it is still extremely hard, that God is using this time for me to grow closer to Him and to rely on Him for my happiness and know that He is in control. And I have actually come to truly realize these things and I go day to day with this truth in mind. I truly believe without a doubt that Reese and I are meant for each other and I do know that our day will come, but I would be lying if I said it was easy seeing all these pictures of engagements and weddings, etc. But for now, I continue to grow closer to the Lord and lean on Him in all circumstances. I know that in the future I will look back on this time and be grateful for the growth that I had in Him.

So my prayer for you if you are in a season of singleness or are eagerly waiting for that ring is this...

"Lord, I give you these girls heart. I pray that you take each of them and draw them closer to you and they learn how much you love them, first. I pray that they learn about you Lord and grow closer to you so that they may be secure in their relationship with you. I pray that you reveal to them what is important in a future husband and that He needs to be saved in your grace to be able to have God filled marriage. I pray that even though it may be a tough season in their life, no matter single or anxiously/impatiently waiting to be proposed to that they bring everything to You, Lord. Jesus, I pray that girls all around the world have a relationship with You that is better than any earthly relationship, but one that they want to their future marriage to be like. I pray that no woman gives herself to a man, in any sense, before she gives herself to You Lord. I thank you for your love and grace that you have given us. And I thank you for your son, who died for each of us." -Amen.

Brave Love Blog

1 comment: