photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

May 24, 2014

63. Take a spontaneous girls trip.

Among my goals in my 101 in 1001 list was to go on a spontaneous girls trip. Now I am not a spontaneous person, but I want to become someone who does do some things (reasonable things) on a whim without time to back out (because I am someone who backs out if I freak myself out or think about something too much). In February two of my friends and I found a GroupOn for a great deal at a hotel in Myrtle Beach. We all wanted to go to the beach together, so we booked it for 3 nights within an hour of finding it! Now that's spontaneous if I do say so myself.

Anyways.. here is how the trip went! :)
p.s. this will be long with a lot of pictures

Day 1- We left at 11 pm on Saturday night and ended up getting to the beach around 8:30 am Sunday. Here are some snapchats that I sent to people, and also my first pictures I took at the beach. It was cloudy on Sunday so we couldn't lay out (even though we still did). We went to dinner at Margaritaville, then we came back to our hotel, passed out at 9:30 and slept for 12 straight hours.
Day 2- We had thought about going parasailing and so we called on Monday morning when we woke up to schedule it for Tuesday. The guy told us that we could come right then and there if we wanted to, so a spur of the moment decision we were on the road to go parasailing! I am not a very spontaneous person, and I am not adventurous when it comes to this type of stuff either, so needless to say I was very nervous at first... but I really had no time to be nervous or think too much about what I was about to do! It was definitely a peaceful experience, and I can say that I am proud of myself for accomplishing this new adventure and overcoming my fears. We laid on the beach the rest of the night and then went to the Boardwalk to eat dinner and walk around. The boardwalk we were by cost $1 to walk on the pier... how crazy is that?! We got back just in time to watch the season premiere of The Bachelorette.
Day 3- One of my friends and I decided to wake up Tuesday morning to go see the sunset. It surprisingly was not that hard for me to wake up at 5:55 to go down to see it. We had a bit of a setback when our hotels pool gates were locked so we had to run through the hotel to the front door and then back around the outside of the hotel to get to the beach, but we still made it in time. Couldn't be more blessed to live in a world where there are sunrises and sunsets, and God sure does make them beautiful. His sunsets are such a great reminder of this beautiful world we live in and this beautiful life we have been given. Praise Him! We laid on the beach again that day and then went out for our last night to another shopping area/walking around and to a restaurant where they harass you (Dick's Last Resort) and needless to say one of my friends was not about that place! Sometimes though it is good to have a nice laugh. 
Day 4- I didn't get any pictures on this day. But all we did was check out of our hotel in the morning and then spend the afternoon shopping at the outlet mall before heading back home.

This was such a great trip with my friends and a much needed short little getaway to the beach. I thought I would share with you all a few thoughts from this trip...
   1. I accomplish driving on the interstate longer than 1 hour. I never had to drive on the interstate and to be honest it made me so nervous, so I can officially say at 21 that I can drive on it and am not scared! 
   2. I overcame my fear of parasailing. It is so high up and you are not strapped in all that much. I am the type of person who needs to know and feel that I am safe, I like my comfort box. Did I mention it was really high? Because it was...
   3. I am turning into a beach person. I never really had patience for laying out on the beach for hours at a time, nor did I like the ocean or the sand. But I can say that I am coming around to all of those.
   4. I feel like an adult. I don't think anything makes you (at least me) feel more like an adult than taking your first road trip without parents to a hotel and checking in yourself. Then going through the week without your parents/family. Then checking out and coming back home. I truly believe I have matured and accomplished so much lately!

Well.. I think that is about all that I can think of to share with you guys! It was a great trip and I cannot wait to go on another getaway with my friends soon. Hope that some of you get to go on a trip this summer and relax. If you made it to the end of this post, bless you. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment