photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

August 5, 2014

101 in 1001: Update & Changes // August Goals

I am about 7 months into my 101 in 1001 list and I have definitely accomplished some things, but there are quite a few more that I haven't. There are some things I don't even want to do anymore or I have changed in some aspects and want to do different, more challenging/rewarding things! So today, I am going to update y'all on what I have finished lately (and haven't mentioned) and also change a few things... If that's okay with you?!

Things I can check off:
20. Celebrate 6 years! Tomorrow, the 6th, is our 6 year dating anniversary! Crazy to think that I have been with Reese for this long, and I cannot wait for many, many more!
46. Learn how to edit my blog properly.
52. Write to 20 bloggers. I wrote to Megan, from Simply Meg.
56. Visit 5 new/local restaurants in Lexington. Tried a new breakfast restaurant called First Watch.
61. Go on a picnic. Reese and I went on a hike one saturday and took a picnic along with us.
68. Go to Nashville & be a tourist. This Saturday Reese & I are going for the day, and also for a Packers football game that night. We will also be celebrating our 6 years!
83. Be in a wedding. (Not completed yet, but I thought I could put it on the list) All of the sudden I am in two weddings, one of my friends Caitlyn is getting married in November and my other friend Madison is getting married next summer! Can't wait to celebrate both of them on their special days.
96. Try 5 new meals in my crockpot. Check.

Now, there are a few things I want to take off or change:
16. Send a letter to the 3rd graders in Haiti. Just Changing- I am actually going to just send a letter to the teacher I was with encouraging her for this next school year.
29. Journal through student teaching/ideas I come up with for teaching. Taking Off- With writing lesson plans I will be able to do this, and I also can keep track of things through Pinterest. I will be moving #26 up into the "Relationship with Reese" category, and it will be Read through at least 2 marriage books with Reese and take pre-marriage counseling.
96. Try a new meal each month of 2014. Taking Off- I won't have time to cook very much and I think this would be easier for me to do when I have my own place again and have to plan out meals for the week/month. 

I have decided to add on some more goals even though it would be over 101. I went through my list and did not see things I would actually want to take off. I did not feel that I made my list as challenging as I could, and plus a lot of things that I want to add are new motivations.
101. Grow a garden. Flowers and plants.
102. Learn calligraphy.
103. Make my own devotional/study.
104. Continue to try to watercolor.
105. Make a blogging binder/schedule.
106. Go to the Hope Spoken conference.
107. No shopping for 3 months.
108. Start recipe binder.
109. Find my signature lip color.
110. Become First Aid/CPR certified. Hopefully in September I can take this course.
111. Put $10 in savings for all of the goals I accomplish.
112. Go canoeing/kayaking.

Not sure if it is "legal" to add more to my 101 list, making it more than 101.. but its my list and my goals, so I decided to do so! Makes it more exciting. :)

**I am also going to add in my August goals to this post, didn't feel that it needed its own post.
July Goals:
Sadly I did none of them... Oops! It was just not in the cards for this past month!

August Goals:
2. Read another christian book.
7. Read through Acts again.
16. Send a letter to the 3rd grade teacher in Haiti.
20. Celebrate 6 years! :)
53. Go on a vacation out west. On the 20th I leave for Colorado with my mom & aunt for my cousins wedding! I can't wait to get back out there for my 3rd time and see all of the beautiful sights. Definitely will be posting some pictures from that trip.
105. Make a blogging binder/schedule. I love blogging, but don't make it enough of a priority, and that needs to happen if I will continue it! So here comes making a blogging schedule & binder! Anyone have any tips of scheduling blog posts??
109. Find my signature lip color. I want an everyday color... Anyone have any suggestions?! 

Hope this post wasn't too long or intense! And hope everyone has a great rest of their week! Here's to the last 3 days of nannying my boys!! Can't believe this summer is almost over. Goodnight, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Go to a MAC counter! They have the BEST lipsticks that stay on all day and will help you find what looks best for you! I was a little intimidated by it at first but now I won't go anywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I will have to try them out, I've always wondered what their products were like everytime I passed them in Macys!

      Delete