photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

August 26, 2014

My Heart is Craving...

My heart is craving something new. Somewhere new. Yet at the same time I love my home. Kentucky exemplifies Jesus. I could not imagine living somewhere else, yet I long for the adventure of another place to set roots in. Being in Colorado this past weekend made me want to explore another city, and make it my home, but that is out of my "comfort box." I've also thought of moving to Haiti because I loved it so much, but never in my wildest dreams would I do that... right?! And to think in less than 11 months I will have graduated from college. Then there will be plenty of new things. I could be in charge of 20+ students, I could have my own classroom, I could have a home that I get to decorate. I long and crave for all of this... but this is always what I have wanted, I long for something different than I ever have before. I've always been excited to graduate from college and be done with school (sort of, silly masters...) but school is all I have known my entire life, what's next? I know what I want to happen next because that is what I have been preparing for my entire life, but say it does, am I just done with any adventures?!

I feel my heart (aka GOD) tugging me in a direction that I haven't seemed to figured out yet. He is funny in that way. He loves to put just a hint of something into your heart, but He wants you to draw near to Him to figure out the rest. He wants you to put your whole faith and trust into Him and then He will do the impossible with your life. I also crave to know Him more. I crave for Him to be the one I go to in all my worries and all my praises. I have so far to go in my faith, yet I feel like I've already come so far. Could I be craving Him more because He is preparing me for something? An adventure? A new life? A new direction? I know that it will all eventually come out into clear view for me to see, but I pray that I keep my eyes, ears, and heart open for what The Lord may be calling me to. I pray that I don't live this life comfortably and that I preach His word to those who may not know it and live in a community who encourages me to become closer to God. Y'all, I feel change coming, and I am excited to see where God may be leading my life once I am done with this thing called school.

Where has the Lord called you to lately? What have you experienced?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I can't wait either :) Hope you and the fam are doing well!!

      Delete