photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

August 27, 2014

Wednesday Rambles- Vol. 3

Sorry for not doing a post last week. I was truly going to but then I had no access to wifi once I got to Colorado. So I just decided to enjoy my time there rather trying to blog. Anyways... time for Wednesday Rambles #3!

// One
Today I had my last first day of college. This is my last semester of classes since I will be student teaching next semester and won't have any. Guys... I'm a SENIOR IN COLLEGE! Like what the heck?! Where did college and life in general go to?? I really have been waiting for this day (no I haven't been wishing it away, but excitedly awaiting) since the first day of college.. and it finally came! My dream is not to be in school my whole life rather be the teacher in front of elementary students, so every year I could say I am one step closer to that dream. And y'all this year is going to fly by and before I know it I'll have my own classroom with my own students! This is all so crazy and surreal and I am so excited to share this adventure with you all! In the picture above is a girl who has been by my side through (almost) every class since the first day of freshman year in at UK. Man I wouldn't have made it this far without her and cant wait to experience this year with her!

// Two
The kids this week at work have completely worn me out. We are trying to figure out exactly where each of us are going to work (which grade/area/time) and it has been straight chaos... at least in my mind! Four of us on staff are in the same semester/year so we will be going for 5 weeks during October/November and also next semester for student teacher. In return this leaves our boss with 4 empty slots to fill. She still wants to give us as much time/money as we can get before we aren't able to work consistently if at all, but I sure do miss having my same class everyday! Guess I will have that to look forward to with being a teacher.

// Three
Kentucky is HOT! And I hate it... :( All summer long it has been the perfect temperature and weather and now I get back to Kentucky from Colorado and have to walk on campus, and its hot! I am not a hot, humid summer weather type of gal. 

// Four
I miss Colorado and the beautiful mountains. They are so different from Kentucky's hills of horse farm (and don't get me wrong, I still love my old Kentucky home... but there is just something about the west!)

Hope everyone has had a great week so far! End it with some love on someone who needs it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Where in Colorado did you go? I live in a rural community outside of Denver. :-) You came to see us during an exceptionally rainy season...it is normally pretty hot here in the summer, too.

    Terri
    http://www.fangledfaith.com

    ReplyDelete