photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

June 12, 2014

Loved by Him, so love others!

Over the past year I have been reading through the New Testament. Since I was newer in my faith last year the New Testament was easier for me to read, and now I've made it a goal to read through it. This morning I was reading 2 Thessalonians. It truly left a mark on my heart and reminded me of a few things:

"We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." 2 Thess. 1:3 - This verse reminded me to always praise Him for what He has given me because He is strengthening my relationship with Him. He is the reason for the good in my life and since I am following Him faithfully, He sees that and gives me grace and mercy when I may sin. Always remember to praise Him!

I am also reading through Psalms and these readings this morning went together perfectly. 

"He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see? He who disciplines the nations, does he not rebuke? He who teaches man knowledge- The Lord- knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath." Psalms 94:9-11 - I know that God knows what we do and say, but this verse truly helped me to remember and realize that He does actually know what I do and say. I mean, why wouldn't He if He was the one who created it all?! 

Then I went and am going to reread 1 Timothy and it brought up how the Lord saves a sinner like me. 

"But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 1:13-14 - He loves us even though we sin. He loves us through it all and simply wants an intimate relationship with us! He knows all the awful sins we have made, make, and will make but He stills forgives us of it all! So why wouldn't we give thanks and praise to Him like mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 1:3?! His son died for OUR sins and all He wants is a relationship with us! How crazy is that?!? 

I just wanted to share with you all some of my thoughts while reading this morning. Jumping into the bible and realizing how it all correlates and comes together for an ultimate purpose of loving God and others because He saved us from our sins is such an amazing thing. I can't wait to love others like Jesus did and like God loves us. This life that He has given us is so precious and there isn't any reason we can't live our life for Christ since He died for us! 

Have an amazing day my friends, and go love on some people who need it!


No comments:

Post a Comment