photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

June 14, 2014

73. Run in a 5k

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13
This morning I ran in my first ever 5k!

For the past three weeks, Reese and I have been running to prepare for this race. We would work up .5 miles and eventually made it to 3 miles. This mornings run was much harder than I had anticipated... There was more hills and the sun was on us (we've been running at night because that's only time we both can together). I wasn't able to run very consistently, but I did it and I finished it in about 37 minutes. So I'm pretty proud of myself!! 

From these past few weeks I have learned so much about myself and have grown in ways I never thought I would. 
-First of all, I ran. Not once, not twice, but many times and consistently throughout the week to prepare.
-I learned how to push myself and do something that I wouldn't have done 3 months ago!
-I accomplished something that feels good!
-I ran in the rain and heat.
-I grew closer to Reese and we have found something we can do together. 
-I feel more fit and athletic. The only sport I have ever done in my life was color guard for band and that was one year. So needless to say this is a big deal for me! 
If you have ever longed to accomplish something but don't think you can, DO it any way! Push yourself and make an ultimate goal to work for. It is SO worth it in the end. Even though my 37 minutes wasn't very fast this morning, I never thought I would have even made it that far in a race. I worked for this and am excited to see what race is up next in my future of running. 

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 
looking to Jesus the founder and perfecter of our faith." 
Hebrews 12:1

4 comments:

  1. YOU GO, GIRL! I need to run another one to get my big booty in shape. So proud of you for working hard! How sweet to do it with your guy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!!!! Congrats, girl!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl, congrats! I'm one of those people who sets goals with the best intentions, but never gets around to doing them. This one is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't ran since that day... lol, time to get back on the horse!

      Delete