photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

November 16, 2013

Prayer Challenge

Hello, everyone! Lately I have been feeling called to actually take time out of my day to intentionally pray for someone. I know that whenever someone says "pray for me" I say that I will but most of the time I don't actually sit down and take time to intentionally pray for just them in their situation or in general. I want to become someone who prays when I say I will pray. As it says in Colossians "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." 
Here is the reason for this post. I have decided for the rest of 2013 that I am going to pray for one person intentionally each day. There are, including today which is Saturday the 16th, 50 correction: 46 days left {I just realized on the 11th day that I counted incorrectly, but I am still going to pray for each person I wrote down & I've added a few since then... I'll just double up, OOPS!}. I have already written out a list of people who I truly want to pray for. I think that it will work best for me personally if I start out each day praying for that specific person. This will also help to start out my day. This will help me to confide in the Lord and know that he hears all prayers.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he will hear us." -1 John 5:14

 I am excited for this challenge I am giving myself, and would love for you all to do it with me! Leave a comment or email me if you would like to do this also! It would be awesome to have someone to do it with so that we can keep each other accountable. If you need praying please email me and I would love to send prayers your way! If you all could please be praying for me in this challenge, I would appreciate it! I know this is definitely a challenge, but I am excited to see how different my prayer life is and relationship with God is at the end of the year, and to see how I start of 2014! 

xo, Danielle 

3 comments:

  1. Danielle, I would love to do this with you! It is such a great idea. I am certainly guilty of saying I'll pray and not following through, as well. I will be praying for you and for others intentionally through the rest of the year! And P.S. I love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene, thanks so much! I'm excited to see where this takes us. :) Keep me updated with how you're doing, I plan on giving updates while its going on.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous challenge! I can't wait to hear how the Lord works through this season of intentional prayer!

    ReplyDelete