photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

November 24, 2013

Prayer Challenge: Week 1

Last weekend I started the Prayer Challenge, and y'all, I can't even begin to describe this first week. If you haven't read my post about this challenge... Go here!
A lot of times when I try to do something like I am with this challenge it is something I have to truly work at, but boy have I been addicted to praying. I had written a list of someone to pray for each day for the rest of the year and I've even realized that I had forgotten some people so I have been praying twice a day. I feel a lot closer to The Lord. Praying for someone intentionally each day has made me become more thankful for that person. I've realized how much I need to actually pray for people and talk to them to see if they are in need of any prayers. I have a friend who truly believes in the power of prayer, and I'm starting to agree with her. 

I've become so committed to this challenge for myself that all I want to do is read the bible, read blogs, or even find good books to read. Last night I went out to dinner with Reese and just felt like treating him to dinner. We ate at Teds Montana Grill, and our food was amazing! Then I had asked him the day before if we could go to Half-Price Books because I had been looking for certain books for awhile now. I found some but still was really on the lookout for others.. So we made a trip to Barnes & Noble too {have I told you all I don't really read?!}. I am so excited to read these books and can't wait to tell you about them and what they've done for me when I am done. 
The Books I got were:
Believing God by Beth Moore
Whispers of Hope by Beth Moore
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
7 by Jen Hatmaker

I've started reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World and I am loving it. I haven't gotten very far yet but I just love know it is going to be good for me! And this part in the story truly sticks with you..."Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her." -Luke 10:38-42. Such a great reminder that it is so important that we acknowledge our Lord and continue to get closer to Him. It is good to serve people and we are supposed to, but we also should take time for the Lord, sit down, and talk to him. I can't wait to read more and I'll definitely let y'all know how the book is!

I am so excited to see where I am next week and at the end of these 50 days. I honestly don't know if I will be able to end it on the last day.. It may truly become apart of me and I pray for that. I pray that people can come to me with their prayer requests and that I can be someone who prays intentionally for them, and on a daily basis. Please continue to pray for me in this challenge... And if you all have any prayer requests, please please please email me at simplyafaithfulwalk@gmail.com :) I would love to talk to you guys and get closer to you all, and what better way than prayer?!

I hope you all have a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that this season of prayer is doing amazing things in your life! I'm so excited to hear this!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susannah! I can't wait to see where I am at the end of it :) I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I've been wanting to read the Martha and Mary book for awhile now...maybe over winter break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, its a good book & I just started reading it! You definitely should :)

      Delete