photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

November 13, 2013

My heart forever changed.

So I've been thinking all week of what I wanted to say in my post about Haiti. All week long people have asked me how my trip was, and because I don't have enough time to share the whole week with them all I can say is "amazing!" I've been having trouble wrapping my mind around how my trip was. Don't get me wrong it truly was amazing and I miss Haiti A LOT, but I'm still trying to figure out how exactly it changed me and affected my life.

I knew 100% when I was on the plane to Port-de-Paix that I was meant to be there/going there. And when we landed I was so excited. I never would have thought that I would feel as content, comfortable, and honestly safe as I did. It was such a relief that I did too because I was very nervous the week leading up to the trip and especially the morning of. I think that I am still surprised and maybe even in denial that Haiti left such a special place in my heart. I may be in denial because I've never in my life thought that I could live anywhere but Kentucky {even the city that I am from}, but while in Haiti I was so content that my mind even wandered over to that thought of maybe God wants me in Haiti... and that SCARES me! I definitely want to obey God and follow Him wherever He may lead me but it is definitely scary. I honestly would have been perfectly fine staying there longer. I even thought before the trip that I would have gotten more homesick than I did, which only really happened at night and more towards the end of the week.

God definitely blessed me on this trip. He placed special kids and people in my heart. He kept me from getting sick. He kept me from getting a single mosquito bite {literally I got ZERO, while everyone else had dozens... oops!} He kept me safe, content, and happy. I never thought I would have been as happy as I was in a third world country. It is absolutely crazy how in a place with such heartache and brokenness that I can feel so whole and see the kids that I worked with so excited about God and their education. It was such a wonderful place and I truly cannot wait to go back! I know that God wants me to go back and possibly even for longer than a week. I was praying that God would place Haiti on my heart like I see so many other people have "their" countries that they love. I am so excited to see where God takes me with my new found country and just in life in general.

I am so thankful to have gotten to go on this trip and for everything that God has done in my life this year. 2013 has been one amazing, God filled year and I am so excited for how my relationship has grown with him. It is so awesome to see how far I've come and grown.

I'm sorry this post took forever, I had half of it written but honestly forgot about it. Hope you all are having a great week! I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things, and I will definitely post pictures and what all I did in Haiti very soon!

xo, Danielle

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing that your trip was so amazing! I can't wait to see what God does with your new found love of this country!

    ReplyDelete