photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

August 4, 2013

Its August?!

I seriously cannot believe it is already August! Where has the summer gone?! And where has the year gone?! Time has been flying by lately {I mean christmas is already in 5 months! Can you believe it?!} But its really making me thankful for the little moments as well as the big moments. I have a lot thats going to be happening in those 5 months and I am really excited/nervous for them. 

First of all, my JUNIOR YEAR OF COLLEGE starts in three weeks. Since when was I a junior?! This coming semester I will just be taking four classes that are just kind of filling up my semester so that I am a full time student. In the elementary ed program at my school, you have to apply to get into the Teacher Education Program, and you also have to take the Praxis {passing math, reading, and writing}, well I easily passed math and writing but I had a much harder time passing reading {and I was only ONE point away...}. I started the whole praxis testing last November and finally passed in June! Needless to say I was very much relieved and thankful that that whole process was over! So because I kept having to retake the reading section of the Praxis, I missed the deadline for turning in my TEP {teacher education program} application. Which meant I had two drop two classes so that I would have some classes to take in the fall semester {I was actually on track to graduate a semester early}. I will be applying for the program in September, having an interview, and then hopefully I will get accepted into the program & I can continue the path of being an Elementary teacher. 

I will also hopefully be going on my very first mission trip in October. This will be helping at an orphanage and a school/church that my church has planted in another country. Please be praying for me as I hopefully am able to go on the trip and for our group. I have literally no idea what to expect, but I am so excited to see what God whats me to do down there! 

In just TWO days {August 6} it will be my 5th year anniversary dating my amazing boyfriend! I seriously cannot believe it has been that long. We have really grown together and learned so much together. I am so thankful that I have had him as my best friend by my side through everything, and I cannot wait to see where God continues to take us in our relationship. {Don't worry, I will post soon a post about us! I think its a pretty good story!}

I think those three things are really the major things that will be happening in the next few months. I will definitely share more with you all that happens. I am so grateful and blessed to have been given these opportunities in life and can't wait to see what God has planned for me in the future. I have grown to love the Lord so much in the past year and have learned so much from His word and other people. Please pray for me as I endure this semester and these huge events in my life that can truly change me as a person! 

Have a great week girls!


Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment