photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

September 11, 2013

I'm Back... I Promise!

Hey y'all! So I am soo sorry for not posting anything for a while! I {once again} did not mean for it to go this long without ANYTHING! But I am back, I promise. :)

I wanted to just catch you all up with what I've been up to. Two weekends ago, as you all know, I went to Nashville for the UK vs. WKU football game! I had never been to Nashville or even an away football game, so I was excited to have a night trip down to a new city! We got to Nashville pretty late at night so we didn't do anything but drive around town just to take it all in. Then the next morning we got ready and found a nice BBQ place {that was amazing!} to eat lunch at, and then made our way to the stadium to get our tickets! It was a pretty fun, except for the annoying fan that was in front of us and the fact that we LOST! Here are some pictures...


Then school really started up and I had to get a lot of reading done... like 2-3 chapters for each class! I am not the best reader and it is so hard for me to get motivated and actually read through chapters. But I have done better than I thought I could and have taken notes while reading as well! {Once I post this I am actually heading back to the book and reading a chapter for my class tomorrow} 


I also had to help get ready for one more huge event at CSF... The Water Balloon Fight! In my last post I showed you all a video of The Worlds Largest Water Balloon Fight from 2012. We did not get the record for the amount of people that attended but we did for the amount of water balloons filled! It was definitely a fun, but long night because we have to stay until after the fight is over to clean up the 200,000+ water balloons... which is not a fun job but I have realized that we should be grateful for being able to have this opportunity and use the field. The sunset that we got to witness while unloading/counting the balloons was absolutely beautiful! Pictures below, and here is a link to the video for this year... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJ14XqczxY


Finally, the day after our water balloon fight I had to wake up 6 hours later to go to our first home game of the season! It was a great game and I was actually surprised at how well our team played.. We WON!!! :) I did get sunburn while at the game since it was a noon game, and still have my wonderful looking shorts burnline {is that a word?} on my leg! But I really enjoy going to UK games with Reese, it is really something that we both have together and I actually finally enjoy games and {somewhat} understand what is going on! 


Monday night we also went to a UK basketball game where our {amazing} alumni came back to play in a charity game! It was so fun watching our old players but was actually kind of sad because we will never have them back! But overall its been a pretty busy, fun week and I think it is just going to be getting busier and busier... especially with Haiti coming up in a little over a month! But I must get back to my reading. I hope you all have been doing amazing and that school/work/life is going great for you all!! 

Goodnight! 

Danielle


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like life is going so well, Danielle! I'm so glad you're enjoying all the activities college has to offer. :-)

    ReplyDelete