photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

February 19, 2014

Praise Him.

Today is such a great day! To start off, I did not have my 8 am gym class. Praise Him. Then I had to time actually get myself ready this morning, to eat breakfast, and do to my devotional. Praise Him. I went to class and finally got my placement! SO EXCITING. I actually got placed at my elementary school and I am with 1st grade! Praise Him. And on top of all that, it is one gorgeous day outside. Ever since the start of 2014 we have had pretty much a constant of cold/snow/ice which makes for some really gloomy, tiring days. But not today folks. It is sunny and in the 50s. I definitely cannot wait for March and so that we can get some warmer weather (except a little fact about myself- I HATE storms... terrified of them!)

This morning I was reading my bible study for my core group at CSF. We did something different this semester where we have a little short page to read everyday. To be completely honest I haven't done very well on keeping up with it, but when I do read it hits exactly where I am in life. And todays did just that. What I read today was talking about God perfect love and that he wants us to become fully like Him. His love will never end and leave our lives. It is always there. When we encounter God, His goal is to have us fully transformed into His image. All of our sinful desires and tendencies are being undone when we encounter Him.
Philippians 3:12-14
Is this not perfect?! Just like His love. I am still trying to fathom how He loves us no matter what and wants us to become more like Him. I needed this truth this morning. I have been in a pattern of feeling like I am never going to be good enough for Him. That no matter how much I read or worship or talk to Him that I will still have problems and will never be like Him. But today He reassured me that there is no way that He could ever stop loving me and that I should continue to "press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Praise Him. 

I pray that each of you know this truth and that you continue on in your journey to become more like our God. Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. What school are you at?? I'm in first grade right now and LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im at Clays Mill! How is your practicum going? :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're having such a fabulous, God filled day!

    ReplyDelete