photo 3home_zpssmfhkjdo.jpg      photo 3about_zpspnnikhqd.jpg      photo 3contact_zpspnmdm5nt.jpg      photo 101in1001Label_zpsvcq201kh.jpg

January 4, 2016

Answered Prayers

You guys, I have never experienced answered prayers as I had last night. For a while now I have been either having nightmares and/or been thinking that someone is breaking into our home. I'm not quite sure why I have these feelings/nightmares, but they sure do not help me to want to go to sleep at night.

Last night I was especially nervous because I had had a rough night the night before. Reese and I read at night together and I had already planned that I would write out a prayer when we were done so that hopefully I would not have anymore dreams. WELL, God knew exactly what I needed and brought it to me while I was reading, before I had even gotten around to writing out my prayer.

Reese and I switch off and on from reading, and last night it was my turn to read the daily Proverbs chapter... which was Proverbs 3 since it was January 3rd. I had already had this chapter all marked up, but it wasn't until I got to verse 24-26 that I realized it was exactly what I needed.

"If you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."
-Proverbs 3:24

You all, I couldn't even read through the rest of this chapter without stopping and just crying because The Lord had already showed me that if I give all my problems to Him, he will take care of them. You guys, I have never truly felt as if the Lord had truly listened to me and my prayers, or that He was going to answer them. Now I know that the Lord answers prayers in His own ways and timings, but this was just perfect timing. I was dreading going to sleep, and I needed to get good rest because it was back to subbing the next morning, and the Lord knew that I needed sleep. He brought me a verse that I now have memorized, and helped me get rest and find peace in Him. 

All I can say is praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him!

They sang "Great is Thy Faithfulness" at church yesterday, and now I just want you all to take your time, rest in Him and enjoy the fact that Our Lord is so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment